BISP – The Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) has announced an update to the bank timings for money disbursement. The new timings will be effective from April 28, 2023.
Under the new timings, banks will be open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM for BISP money disbursement. This is a change from the previous timings, which were 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The BISP has made this change in order to facilitate beneficiaries and make it easier for them to collect their payments. The new timings will also help to reduce the crowds at banks and make the process of money disbursement more efficient.
Beneficiaries are advised to visit their nearest bank during the new timings to collect their payments. They are also advised to bring their CNICs and BISP registration cards with them.
Here are the updated bank timings for BISP money disbursement:
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
The BISP has also announced that it will be disbursing payments to beneficiaries through mobile banking. Beneficiaries who have registered for mobile banking will be able to receive their payments directly into their mobile accounts.
The BISP has urged beneficiaries to register for mobile banking in order to make it easier for them to collect their payments. Beneficiaries can register for mobile banking by visiting their nearest bank or by contacting the BISP helpline.
The BISP helpline number is 0800-11111.
BISP Registration Changes: What’s New?
The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has initiated new registrations, focusing on re-enrolling individuals under the National Socio-economic Registry (NSER). To participate or update family information, please visit the nearest BISP office. Notably, the program’s methodology has been revised, and its budget has been augmented to address the impact of inflation.
During a recent meeting, Shazia Murri, the Federal Minister for Benazir Income Support Program, expressed concern over the mounting inflation and its adverse effects on people’s livelihoods. In response, the program has increased the disbursement amount. Previously set at twenty-five thousand rupees, the new amount for eligible participants is now nine thousand rupees. If you are already enrolled in the program, you will receive this increased amount. If you are not currently registered or are unsure of your eligibility, you can register for the program by accessing the provided link below.
BISP Announces New Registration Process for Money Distribution
The registration and payment process for the Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has undergone changes to improve accessibility. We are here to guide you on how to easily access this program and receive your entitled funds.
Previously, the disbursement process involved collecting the money from Jez cash shops or HBL teams, which often resulted in rush situations and difficulties for women. To address these issues, officials have introduced new updates and outlined specific steps to streamline the payment process, ensuring a smoother experience for beneficiaries.
Furthermore, there have been changes in the office hours of the Benazir Income Support Program. The office opening times have been adjusted to accommodate the needs of the program’s participants. These changes aim to ensure that women, who may have faced challenges in collecting their funds despite their efforts, can now conveniently access their entitlements.
The Ehsaas Kafalat Program is implementing various payment distribution mechanisms to ensure efficient and convenient disbursement of funds. Currently, there are five different methods being tested:
- Pakistan Post Money Order: Beneficiaries can receive their payments through the traditional Pakistan Post Money Order system. This method allows for the transfer of funds through postal services.
- Smart Card Payment System: The Smart Card Payment System enables beneficiaries to receive their funds through a specialized smart card. These cards can be used at designated payment points or ATMs to access the allocated amount.
- Mobile Banking System: This method utilizes mobile banking services to transfer funds directly to the beneficiaries’ registered mobile numbers. The funds can then be accessed through mobile banking platforms or authorized agents.
- Debit Card System: Under the Debit Card System, beneficiaries receive a debit card linked to their account. The funds are deposited into the account, and beneficiaries can withdraw the money from ATMs or make purchases using the debit card.
- Biometric Authentication System: This payment distribution method involves biometric authentication, where beneficiaries’ fingerprints or other biometric information are used to verify their identity. Once authenticated, the funds are disbursed through designated outlets or payment centers.
These different payment distribution mechanisms provide flexibility and options for beneficiaries to receive their funds securely and conveniently. The Ehsaas Kafalat Program aims to assess the effectiveness of these methods and determine the most efficient and reliable approach for payment disbursement.